I have made a map of places I am going to try and visit.
Click here to see the map.

I finally found a travel clinic in San Diego that will give me the Japanese Encephalitis immunization. This really made my day. This is the third clinic that I have contacted about this and met with a lot of resistance at the last place, which was really discouraging. It is expensive, but will put my mind more at ease. This is a description from wikipedia of JE:

" Case-fatality rates range from 0.3% to 60%...Severe rigors mark the onset of this disease in humans. Fever, headache and malaise are other non-specific symptoms of this disease which may last for a period of between 1 and 6 days. Signs which develop during the acute encephalitic stage include neck rigidity, cachexia, hemiparesis, convulsions and a raised body temperature between 38 and 41 degrees Celsius. Mental retardation developed from this disease usually leads to coma...Life-long neurological defects such as deafness, emotional lability and hemiparesis may occur in those who have had central nervous system involvement. In known cases some effects also include, nausea, headache, fever,vomiting and sometimes swelling of the testicles."
Possible retardation and coma! If I am even moderately prone to this virus, why would any knowledgeable doctor tell me NOT to get this? My confidence in the medical system here has been greatly compromised. Other than the medical stuff everything seems to be on track.